Sunday, March 6, 2011

Find your inspiration, go after your goals

Lately, I have become quite the fan of quotes. Inspirational quotes, biblical quotes, famous quotes: I like them all. In fact, I share most of them on my social networking accounts. You can find these quotes quite easily on Google or any search engine. 

Many people find solace by taping words of wisdom to their mirrors, lockers and even placing them in their binders. Constantly seeing the positive affirmations will lead to a positive outlook.

Motivational quotes can help a person through a tough time. If you need help staying on course, these quotes may give you exactly what you need. 










Another great source of motivation comes from the music that we listen to. It is said that music is the 'ultimate mood enhancer.' A good song can change your perspective on any situation. There are a lot of theories regarding music effecting people. Music affects our mood. It has the power to make you feel motivated or depressed. We may not understand how powerful the lyrics are, but instead recognize the expression of emotion and its power to de-stress.

Here are a few songs to listen to if you are having a hard time believing in yourself. 




If you are looking for inspiration to keep you motivated to achieve your goals, I hope these help you. Or if these do not reflect your life, search for your own quotes, tape them up and read them daily. You will be surprised what you can achieve with a positive attitude.

9 comments:

  1. I think quotes can act as a motivator when I feel down or when I need some inspiration. I have music for all my moods and I definitely turn to music when I am going through a tough situation or when I am getting ready to go out to pump me up. Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think motivational quotes are great. I feel quotes provide wisdom and exudes positivity. Its amazing how powerful words can be.

    Music plays a huge part in my life. Whenever I am happy or sad, I always turn to music. Whenever I need motivation, I like to listen to "I Believe I Can Fly."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've tried to find things that will inspire me when I'm down, and certain quotes as well as music have been my best bet. I have a playlist of every different mood so that when I need the motivation, it's there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Words and music are great motivators and can inspire. I also find movies do the same thing. Film has a way of depicting and evoking emotions in way that allows us all to interpret and relate on different levels. Sometimes I just put on a movie for a good laugh or a good cry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the same way about motivational quotes. Even if they are incredibly cheesy or lame, they always pump me up. My favorites are probably quotes from movies. I annoy quite a few people quoting movies. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed your take on motivational quotes. I agree they can inpsire you to strive for your dreams. I agree with Courtney movie quotes seem to be the most popular for most and can be annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All my inspiration quotes come out of the Bible. There is not better advisor than God.
    Congratulations for this positive post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone. I really enjoyed writing this one. And Hellen, this is probably one of my favourite biblical quote.
    Jeremiah 29:11 11 "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katie,

    I love this post. I often use motivational quotes when I need to feel inspired or positive. My family has always been a fan of them and we have them posted all over our house. Sometimes you need a good quote to put things into perspective. Being that I am a dancer I love this one:
    "When you trip in life, make it part of your dance"
    :)

    ReplyDelete